Stainless Steel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stainless Steel

Medieval II Total War - Kingdoms most popular modification Stainless Steel

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shogun II Total War = The end of modding

Go down 
+4
Caesar Clivus
Rozanov
Hrobatos
y2day
8 posters
AuthorMessage
y2day
Admin
Admin
y2day

Rep : 16

Shogun II Total War = The end of modding Empty
PostSubject: Shogun II Total War = The end of modding   Shogun II Total War = The end of modding EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:04 am

Shogun II TW will not have any official mod tools released. Mods will not be supported at all. Sad

Source: http://angryjoeshow.com/2010/06/shogun-2-interview-demo/ (Check the second interview)

I can't believe CA is going to totally move away from supporting mods. Finally they come right out and say it! With Civ V having mod tools built in I thought CA might take a look at that and try to keep thier most devoted fan base happy. I was wrong. No text files! binary? just killed me.

This does it. Medieval II will be the last in the TW series I will mod. Sad The new Civ is looking better and better. It might be off to www.civfanatics.com for me.

Back to top Go down
Hrobatos
Modder
Modder
Hrobatos

Rep : 21

PostSubject: Re: Shogun II Total War = The end of modding   Shogun II Total War = The end of modding EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:57 pm

I will be modding Moun&Blade, it awesome game, modding is suported by the publisher

its an excelen game and very easy for modding... I see there future for Total War modders, and majority will go there I think
Back to top Go down
Rozanov

Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: Shogun II Total War = The end of modding   Shogun II Total War = The end of modding EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:27 am

CA want a passive consumer base that just buys their products every time they come out.

Modding means we can make the games last longer than the intended product cycle.

CA don't want people modding when they should be buying the newest product in their franchise.

Stuff that for a game of soldiers!!
Back to top Go down
Caesar Clivus
Caesar Clivus

Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Shogun II Total War = The end of modding   Shogun II Total War = The end of modding EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 5:38 pm

And lets not forget that they want people to buy their DLC now as well as the game itself.

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
Preachercheeze

Preachercheeze

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Shogun II Total War = The end of modding   Shogun II Total War = The end of modding EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:14 am

WTF???

this will kill the game man... I mean, just the other day I heard of a guy who bought Medieval 2 GOLD JUST for the SS 6.3 release...!

I mean, come ON!!!! modding is keeping their products up to date and DLC still can be sold... look at Dragon Age Origins! a lot of mods for that game AND people still buy the DLC!!!

aw, maaan... I might still buy Shogun 2, but ONLY if the vanilla is as good as SS.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Rozanov

Rep : 3

PostSubject: Re: Shogun II Total War = The end of modding   Shogun II Total War = The end of modding EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 3:59 pm

the sales of M2TW are very much at the end of the "long tail" - the bulk of SEGA income comes from the first couple of months of release of new product. The amount they make on the few extra sales of M2TW these are unlikely to register with them.

I doubt I'll bother with shogun II - not because of the modding issues but having played the original i didn't find the scenario that interesting.
Back to top Go down
y2day
Admin
Admin
y2day

Rep : 16

PostSubject: Re: Shogun II Total War = The end of modding   Shogun II Total War = The end of modding EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:42 pm

I never played the original so will buy it. Romance of the Three Kingdoms is one of my all time favorite games. Not sure about Japan but China is a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Radboud
Modder
Modder
Radboud

Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Shogun II Total War = The end of modding   Shogun II Total War = The end of modding EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 4:46 am

I guess this also means that ETW and NTW won't get any support either.

I will keep modding the M2TW game, but I will not buy Shogun2 untill it is very cheap (like 10 euros or less). Mad
Back to top Go down
Memduhg

Memduhg

Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Shogun II Total War = The end of modding   Shogun II Total War = The end of modding EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:59 pm

I find DLC a hilarious concept. Take Oblivion for example, there are way better mods than the DLCs yet people still buy them somehow...
Back to top Go down
EnglishKnight
Staff Member
Staff Member
EnglishKnight

Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Shogun II Total War = The end of modding   Shogun II Total War = The end of modding EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Some poeple dont know about the mods though.
When I got ETW i also got all the dlc. Now I play darthmod which I reckon is way better than some of the dlc.
Back to top Go down
Radboud
Modder
Modder
Radboud

Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Shogun II Total War = The end of modding   Shogun II Total War = The end of modding EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:22 pm

More and more people are finding out that DLC is a load of crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shogun II Total War = The end of modding   Shogun II Total War = The end of modding Empty

Back to top Go down

Shogun II Total War = The end of modding
Page 1 of 1