Stainless Steel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stainless Steel

Medieval II Total War - Kingdoms most popular modification Stainless Steel

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Release] Shorter turn time scripts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Snelhest

Rep : 6

[Release] Shorter turn time scripts Empty
PostSubject: [Release] Shorter turn time scripts   [Release] Shorter turn time scripts EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:24 am

The shorter turn time mod, for Stainless Steel

Seeing as y2day wanted sbu mods posted here I don't think he or any one else will mind if I cross post this from twcenter. pirat

Description
This is a small mod for Stainless Steel RR/RC (Note that I aim to make a regular 6.2 release.) that aims to improve the wait time between player turns by optimizing the campaign script by removing in my opinion unnecessary events. I have removed large part of the script, removing such things as announcements for princesses, kings, capital falls, fairs, troubadours, pirates and a few other things. As these had a marginal effect on game play and increased turn time by a noticeable bit.
Anything with larger effect such as uprisings faction emergence etc. if of course left a lone and is still in the script.
I have found this to noticeably decrease the wait time between turns, though it is no miracle cure for the long turn times. It is a rather huge map after all! Razz
I have been playing with these modifications for a while and thought that might be more out these that would appreciate shorter turn times over few nice, but superfluous script functions.
I have done some play testing with this, a couple of campaigns, so it should work.

Versions

Currently this is only compatible with RR/RC, however if some one would upload the campaign script files for regular 6.2 I wouldn't mind making a version for that.
I'm not quite sure about compatibility with the latest release of RR/RC though, it should work, but I have heard of Pointplank including some new features such as garrison scripts will will naturally be missing.
But the same thing goes for this upload the latest script files and I will have a go at modifying them, for a completely up to date campaign script. Smile

Please note that this is not save game compatible!

Installation

Go to.
...\Medieval II Totalwar\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\Data\world\maps\campaign
(Optional) Rename the files \imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt, \custom\Late_era_campaign\custom_script.txt, and \custom\1450_campaign\custom_script.txt
In order to create backups (recommended!)

Now download the attached .zip archive. Extract the files. Inside you will find two folders named "custom" and "imperial_campaign" copy these folders.
Now paste these folders into the folder mentioned above (ie. ...\maps\campaign), when asked if you want to merge folders, answer yes for all. When asked if you want to overwrite files select yes for all.
Any questions on installation or anything else, please post here and I will answer as soon as possible. pirat Crying or Very sad
Attachments
[Release] Shorter turn time scripts AttachmentShorter turn time script RRRC.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(98 Kb) Downloaded 22 times
Back to top Go down
Preachercheeze

Preachercheeze

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: [Release] Shorter turn time scripts   [Release] Shorter turn time scripts EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:53 am

Nice one! I for one have no need for it because of my fast computer, but on the old one I managed to read about 35 books in total during a year thanks to the long turn lags... so for users with older computers this could be handy... a SS "light" so to say...

One question though, have the princess announcements been reduced to faction news (with child births and trait givens) or is it something one must check regularly?

anyways... rep for this one! cheers
Back to top Go down
Rogal Dorn

Rogal Dorn

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: [Release] Shorter turn time scripts   [Release] Shorter turn time scripts EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:42 am

WOT?! I never woulda thunk to remove scripts. Good job sir, good job!
Back to top Go down
Snelhest

PostSubject: Re: [Release] Shorter turn time scripts   [Release] Shorter turn time scripts EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:12 am

Really it doesn't remove much from game play, you still get the "child born" from the standard game, but you don't however get the "princess comes of age" for all other factions. It's amazing how much just removing such small things does. Really game play wise the difference is none really, unless you count fairs, and pirates, and their difference where minimal really, at least as far as I'm concerned.
William wallace and all that stuff is still in the game don't worry. Smile

Any way if anyone is interested in a version for standard SS 6.2 just post the script files and I'll throw a version together.
Back to top Go down
Rogal Dorn

Rogal Dorn

PostSubject: Re: [Release] Shorter turn time scripts   [Release] Shorter turn time scripts EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:21 am

Definitely. I was actually thinking of remove the Princess/King's Death notifications because, frankly, I don't care. Now that I know they were the main culprit of the ridiculous wait time, I'm even more glad they're gone.
Back to top Go down
Snelhest

PostSubject: Re: [Release] Shorter turn time scripts   [Release] Shorter turn time scripts EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:04 am

Added version for standard 6.2 that is with out RR/RC, doesn't affect it as much as in RR/RC but still does a little difference. Same as installation as for RR/RC version.
Attachments
[Release] Shorter turn time scripts Attachmentturntime script 6.2 standard.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(25 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
Back to top Go down
Marku

PostSubject: Re: [Release] Shorter turn time scripts   [Release] Shorter turn time scripts EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:59 am

nice :-)

turns can be abit long
Back to top Go down
y2day
Admin
Admin
y2day

Rep : 16

PostSubject: Re: [Release] Shorter turn time scripts   [Release] Shorter turn time scripts EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 2:27 pm

Great Snelhest! Wow just removing a few scripts and you can really see the difference. Great work. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Release] Shorter turn time scripts   [Release] Shorter turn time scripts Empty

Back to top Go down

[Release] Shorter turn time scripts
Page 1 of 1