Stainless Steel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stainless Steel

Medieval II Total War - Kingdoms most popular modification Stainless Steel

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Increase in traffic

Go down 
+3
Hrobatos
EnglishKnight
y2day
7 posters
AuthorMessage
y2day
Admin
Admin
y2day

Rep : 16

Increase in traffic Empty
PostSubject: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 10:29 pm

This forum is working well for development projects but the public forums are not seeing much traffic.

How do we gain more traffic?

First this forum was never intended to rival TWC in popularity. That has been tried by alot of people with more resources than just one man (me) running the show.

Second, when I created this place the intention was to condense all the things that make TWC great into a smaller structure so Stainless Steel fans could take advantage of it. What I didn't count on was the lack of help. I just don't have the time to gather, guides, AARs, tutorials, and all the rest. I am only one person so can only advertise this place so much on TWC. If people don't come here and contribute the public sections will fail. TWC would be nothing without people like myself contributing to it. Well I can't do it alone just like I couldn't do it alone on twc.

So its either continue to try to increase traffic, continue to ask people to help or stop.?.?.?.?.?

If I find some help, people that really want to make this place succeed then I will continue. If not I will continue to support this place strictly as a development forum for mod projects.

If you are serious about modding then a development forum is all that you need. When you are ready to release you take it to TWC. I have been modding for a long time and a development forum is a great asset to have for a team. Having only PM's and a WIP thread makes it really tough. If you are modding for rep or awards you won't last long. If that is what you are interested in then work in your WIP thread on TWC for all to see. You will get your rep but one day once you have more rep than most of your e-friends you will get bored and disenfranchised and quit. I have seen it more times than I can count. So if you are interested in developing a mod for yourself, your friends and all the good people on TWC then I will support you. If you get a dev. forum on TWC and want to take your development there that is fine. I'm just happy to help you guys get enough work done to get there.

If you want to help increase traffic or to this forum in other ways please let me know. I will create signatures to be used on TWC or ask you to put a link in your sig. I might create a contributor or staff badge for those that want to help. If not like I said I will continue to support the development projects. There are some good ones on this site. I look forward to watching them. Smile

y2day
Back to top Go down
EnglishKnight
Staff Member
Staff Member
EnglishKnight

Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 4:42 am

I would be happy to help the forum out in some way.
What ever you want help with I would be happy to do.
Back to top Go down
Hrobatos
Modder
Modder
Hrobatos

Rep : 21

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:44 am

well I think that problem is that you forum doesnt offer anything new other than sub-forums for mods in development

and those are closed for public

public part of forum should offer something new, as well as some old stuff

maybe history disscusions? some kind of contests? SS hamachi tournaments in battles...something new which would attract people, something SS sub-forum at TWC doesnt has...
Back to top Go down
y2day
Admin
Admin
y2day

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Good idea hrobatos and thank you EnglishKnight I will be contacting you soon.

So something new..... hmmm

Will have to thank about that. I was trying to get some multiplayer guys to try this forum out.

I have run art contests for a couple of years now. Will have to think of some other comps or something. I'm open to ideas as I have said many many times.
Back to top Go down
Radboud
Modder
Modder
Radboud

Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 6:13 am

Maybe an art competition for parts of this site (like buttons or banners)?
Back to top Go down
y2day
Admin
Admin
y2day

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 9:14 am

Currently running art comps on TWC, don't see why I couldn't run one here. I have a hack to let members choose between forum themes just like on TWC that I can implement. Maybe a forum theme comp? Will see about putting one together. Smile

Now to find something for EnglishKnight to do. lol
Back to top Go down
Radboud
Modder
Modder
Radboud

Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:38 pm

Good idea. Cool
Back to top Go down
EnglishKnight
Staff Member
Staff Member
EnglishKnight

Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:10 am

Quote :
Now to find something for EnglishKnight to do. lol

Whatever you want ill be happy to do Smile

EDIT: if youre not sure what to give me just send me a pm with your ideas.
Back to top Go down
Memduhg

Memduhg

Rep : 7

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:13 am

Heres an Idea, make the background texture seamless.
Back to top Go down
y2day
Admin
Admin
y2day

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:14 pm

Background texture doesn't look that bad. lol I can fix it pretty easy when i find the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:57 am

I really would like (if it is possible) to have some topics which shows how to model ,how to skin or any useful tips and moves about modding.
Back to top Go down
Hrobatos
Modder
Modder
Hrobatos

Rep : 21

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:54 pm

I might make my tutorials about skining
not much different than those in TWC, maybe more simple and easier to understand
Back to top Go down
y2day
Admin
Admin
y2day

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:50 pm

Some of the best tutorials can be found in the Graphics Workshop. I hope to convince a few of those guys to join up here. Marcel is my second Admin on this site but has been busy. He is my .ccs coder. Once he has sometime to get the multi theme hack going I will set up a comp and advertise on twc to the art guys.
Back to top Go down
y2day
Admin
Admin
y2day

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Sorry everyone I have been real busy dealing with real life issues........
Back to top Go down
Lü Bu

Lü Bu

Rep : 5

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 2:05 pm

I hope you fix those issues
Back to top Go down
y2day
Admin
Admin
y2day

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Thanks Lu Bu..... real life is a bitch. Sad sometimes
Back to top Go down
shinestar11

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:13 am

Very glad that there is a forum for stainless steel, because I am a researcher of stainless steel. thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increase in traffic   Increase in traffic Empty

Back to top Go down

Increase in traffic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stainless Steel :: Front Porch :: Stainless Steel Inn-
Jump to: