Stainless Steel
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stainless Steel

Medieval II Total War - Kingdoms most popular modification Stainless Steel

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Favorite mod besides SS?

Go down 
+5
Pentecostal Knight
Radboud
EnglishKnight
TheColdTruth
y2day
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
y2day
Admin
Admin
y2day

Rep : 16

Favorite mod besides SS? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:41 pm

My favorite mods besides SS is....... (Drum roll)

Kingdoms Grand Campaign Mod by Dave Scarface
Broken Crescent
RTR

Those are the main ones that I play. I really enjoy KGCM and for a change BC is great.

There are some mods I really look forward to playing that r still in development. Oya TATW is pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
TheColdTruth

TheColdTruth

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:08 pm

SS is numba 1 I love you

Next is the only other mod I like that is out which is....

BC. Love the portrayal of the Mideast units.

Mod looking forward too is AuH don't know much about the area but looks awesome.

Mod cant get into is TATW no matter how much I try. Just don't like the invincible units vs. crummy orc zerg!
Back to top Go down
y2day
Admin
Admin
y2day

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 11:55 am

AUH is one mod I can not wait to play. I have been watching its development for a long time and really like the guys that are developing it. I know they are capable of greatness and I can not wait to enjoy the fruits of their labor. Smile

TATW is a great accompishment but you are right about its playability. Atleast for some of us it has its issues. I think it is the setting the mod is placed in not the actual fault of the modders that created it.
Back to top Go down
TheColdTruth

TheColdTruth

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:08 pm

Ya TATW is good if you like that kind of stuff I hear they try to stay very close to the lore. Guess tolkiens world just isn't my thing Razz
Back to top Go down
EnglishKnight
Staff Member
Staff Member
EnglishKnight

Rep : 6

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:08 am

SS 4 eva I love you

I do enjoy Roma surrectum and Napoleon order of war.
KGCM is very good aswell
Back to top Go down
Radboud
Modder
Modder
Radboud

Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:42 am

TATW is trying to stay close to the lore, but it has some flaws when it comes to lore accuracy and I don't like the fact that everyone thinks that Uruk-Hai are just as weak as regular orcs. If that was so then why would Saruman have created them?

Anyway, the mods I liked the most are : Europa Barbarorum 1, SS and TATW, LOTR-TW is also fun, but the units don't look as awesome as in TATW. I'm looking forward to AuH too, but also to Dominion of the sword.
Back to top Go down
Pentecostal Knight

Pentecostal Knight

Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:50 pm

I play SS of course, TATW, BC and that's it right now but i'm looking forward to DotS and Europa Barbarorum II
Back to top Go down
Caesar Clivus
Caesar Clivus

Rep : 2

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 3:29 am

Quote :
TATW is trying to stay close to the lore, but it has some flaws when it comes to lore accuracy and I don't like the fact that everyone thinks that Uruk-Hai are just as weak as regular orcs. If that was so then why would Saruman have created them?

*sigh* Saruman didn't create Uruks. Uruks were larger orcs that appeared during the third age. They were not born in big cocoons in Isengard as in the movies.
Back to top Go down
Hrobatos
Modder
Modder
Hrobatos

Rep : 21

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:01 am

he did made Uruks, they were different than those of Mordor, major difference was that they could stand sun light
Back to top Go down
Caesar Clivus
Caesar Clivus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:03 am

No those were half-orcs, not Uruks.
Back to top Go down
Hrobatos
Modder
Modder
Hrobatos

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:06 am

and they are weak, weaker than man
Back to top Go down
Radboud
Modder
Modder
Radboud

Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 12:29 pm

Quote :
Quote:

*sigh* Saruman didn't create Uruks. Uruks were larger orcs that appeared during the third age. They were not born in big cocoons in Isengard as in the movies.

It doesn't matter how they got to existance, what matters is that they were not as weak as they are often portrayed (I refuse to believe that Razz ).
Back to top Go down
Navajo Joe

Navajo Joe

Rep : 5

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 4:16 pm

I am very addicted to SS and find it difficult to immerse myself in anything else, I get bored very quickly. I played RTW to death, so find EB and RS interesting but not thrilling. I just started playing FKOC, that is real fun, Pikes and Muskets.
I really enjoyed BC until those flaming CTD due to Events, I know your involved in BC 3.0 y2day, I know you will fix this gamekiller
Back to top Go down
Hrobatos
Modder
Modder
Hrobatos

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:35 pm

Saruman made Uruks, usualy known among film lovers as Uruk-hai, but Uruks of Mordor were also Uruk-hai, its the way Orcs talk, they add hai, as it means folk, they call trolls Olog-hai, or Troll-folk

he made them, in some way so they can endure sun light, they are not half-orcs, they are orcs

he also made Half-Orcs and Orc-Men, these were stronger than Uruk-hai of Isengard

these were half-orcs, but it is never stated that Uruk-hai of Isengard are half-orcs, just Gandalf suspected that some kind of mixing with Men on some level may have happened, yet unknown what or how... and its bit more complicated...

Uruk-hai of Isengard were little stronger, or maybe more disciplined than Uruks of Mordor, or big goblins from the Misty Mountains

also, great part of Saruman's army was composed or "normal" Orcs, and Dunlendings

Uruk-hai equipment was a bit rough, and not very quality, what Orcs could made...other Orcs had even worse equipment as Uruk-hai as elite of Orcish part of the Saruman army had better equipment

unfortunately TATW is not lore-accurate and isnt trying to be, so they just followed film and made armies of Isengard to be composed of "super soldiers Uruk-hai"
Back to top Go down
Caesar Clivus
Caesar Clivus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:11 pm

Saruman did NOT make uruks in any sense of the word:

In Appendix A (iv) of The Lord of the Rings, in the section recounting the history of the Stewards, we find an account of the first appearance of the uruks. 'In the last years of Denethor I the race of uruks, black orcs of great strength, first appeared out of Mordor, and in 2475 they swept across Ithilien and took Osgiliath.' This passage seems to imply that the uruks actually appeared shortly before Gondor's great defeat of III 2475.

From http://www.glyphweb.com/ARDA/u/uruks.html

On Half-orcs:
Creatures bred from Orcs and Men by the Wizard Saruman in his stronghold at Isengard. Like Sauron's Uruk-hai, they could withstand sunlight. The more Man-like of them, of perhaps a slightly different breed, were known as Goblin-men.

From http://www.glyphweb.com/ARDA/h/halforcs.html

But yes, TATW does go more on the lore of the films than the books. Which is a shame in some respects.
Back to top Go down
Hrobatos
Modder
Modder
Hrobatos

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Sauron made Uruks, but Uruks form Isengard were different in both appereance and their tolerance on sun light from black Uruks of Mordor

aparently Saruman made Uruks of Isengard, such werent seen in armies of Mordor, do it is unsure how they were made, in book Gandalf suspected some sort of mixing with Men, yet it is unsure what as Uruk-hai of Isengard are clearly orcs and different than Half-orc and Orc-men of Isengard, which are half-orcs...
Back to top Go down
Caesar Clivus
Caesar Clivus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 8:25 pm

Sauron's Uruks could withstand the sunlight. ALL uruks could withstand the sunlight. The ones in Saruman's service were not different. Where in the books does it say that Saruman's uruks were different from all other uruks?
Back to top Go down
Hrobatos
Modder
Modder
Hrobatos

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:40 am

in Two Towers...and Sauron's Uruks couldnt withstand the sun light...

in this link you will fingd moe about Uruks

EDIT: sorry I forgot the link, here it is
Back to top Go down
Caesar Clivus
Caesar Clivus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:14 am

The link I gave earlier says that all uruks could withstand the sun. And I'm sorry but the link I gave is a much more reliable source than Wikipedia.
Back to top Go down
Hrobatos
Modder
Modder
Hrobatos

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:25 am

why? you believe that you have so greater knowledge of ME than me so you are more capable to decide which source is better?
Back to top Go down
Hrobatos
Modder
Modder
Hrobatos

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:52 am

have you actually read Two Towers or you just use your knowledge from web sites...
Back to top Go down
Caesar Clivus
Caesar Clivus

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:05 am

Quote :
why? you believe that you have so greater knowledge of ME than me so you are more capable to decide which source is better?

It has nothing to do with you my friend. It's because the source you gave was wikipedia. Able to be edited by anyone at anytime. The source I gave is a very reputable site for information on Tolkien's works.

And I've read Two Towers (and the entire trilogy) many times. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hrobatos
Modder
Modder
Hrobatos

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 am

than you should know that tha wiki page is good, and that you site us unreliable
why? well wiki says how wiki came to conclusions it has, your site doesnt it just makes claims

and I also read Two Towers four or five times, and Saruman did made Uruks of his own, two things were proof of that, as seen by monologs of Treebard and Gandal
Uruks of Isengard looked much more human-like that other Orcs who looked more like apes cause of theri long hands, bow-like legs and so on

and unlike any other Orcs, they could whitstand sun light, none other Orcs could do that

thats way when Mordor attacked Minas Tirith shadow came form east, and day was like night
Back to top Go down
y2day
Admin
Admin
y2day

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:35 pm

OWHHH the Lore how it gets the blood going. You say Saruman I say Sarumen, I say Orks you say Urks, can't we all just get a long?

LOTR is great but I tell you, I have rarely seen people get so fumed about it. Not saying that has happened here, but as a tribunal on TWC I have seen a few threads from the LOTR community and man they take that stuff way serious.

I love the series and all but its not my fav.

Now Robert Jordan took what Tolken did and expanded on it. Love The Wheel of Time. I will cry if I never make a mod or play a mod of that world. I know you LOTR fans will disagree and crush me for saying it but I do love the WoT
Back to top Go down
Hrobatos
Modder
Modder
Hrobatos

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:43 am

not Urks, but Uruks, they are a special breed of Orc, big black orcs used for war
they are big and strong compared to other Orcs, they are still weaker than man

they have appeared in Mordor in late Third Age, and another breed of them, significantly different than those in Mordor has appeared in Isengard

they see other Orcs as their servents ot slavs, thats way they call them Snaga, whuch means Slave
these Snaga Orcs are quite smaller than Uruks, they are also breed of Orcs

but ok, to put down this topic, my fovourite mod is Rus 2, and I'm awaiting for Tsardoms and Great Conflicts which both will be released in matter of months, and I cant wait for them to be releseased...these will be awesome mods
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite mod besides SS?   Favorite mod besides SS? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite mod besides SS?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next